A girls guide to all the things your mother never told you.

18 November 2011

Champagne & Caviar

I discovered Nails Inc Kensington Caviar base coat a few months back when I was in Nails Inc buying a birthday present for a friend
(Sidebar: I consider Nails Inc polishes as individuals quite expensive in comparison to the high st brands I usually buy, however in their salon Nails Inc do absolutely brilliant hatboxes as gifts which are incredible value for money, around £15/£20 for 4 polishes, top & base coat AND other goodies such as files/hand creams etc)

I have extremely bendy nails and since the first time I used Kensington Caviar base coat back in the summer it is the only base coat I will use.
You use it as a treatment, applying it to bare nails and then adding a coat each day for a week until on the 7th day you can remove it, apply it as a base coat and then start using colour again.


Now, here's the funny thing... Kensington Caviar is £12 if you buy it direct from Nails Inc. I am definately my mothers child and I never buy something without first doing a little price comparison! So I hopped off to Boots where I discovered that you can buy the Kensington Caviar base coat WITH the Kensington Caviar Top Coat for £10!


The funny thing is, Boots also sells the base coat and top coat as inviduals for £12 each.... eh?


Yeah, I didn't understand either, and before you ask, I'm not stupid, the bottles in the combi pack are the exact same sizes as the individuals! So basically, look out for the Duo, use it and say goodbye to brittle nails and hello to an extra £14 in your pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment